Lonely Planet Food has released a practical guide to vegan-friendly travel, which includes cooking classes in India and wildlife watching tours in New Zealand. The Vegan Travel Handbook gives readers an insight into vegan-friendly destinations and features tips on how to order food that will keep you nourished on your journey.
Although there is a growing population of vegans — and as a result, a larger variety of eateries that provide suitable and delicious options — it can still be difficult to navigate foreign languages and customs to get the right food.
This book will help you fulfil your bucket-list adventures without compromising your dietary requirements. Here are the top 10 vegan-friendly cities and food trucks included in the book. For more information, see here.
Top 10 Vegan-Friendly Cities
1. Berlin, Germany
2. London, UK
3. New York City, the US
4. Tel Aviv, Israel
5. Portland, Oregon, the US
6. Los Angeles, California, the US
7. Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
8. Warsaw, Poland
9. Toronto, Canada
10. Melbourne, Australia
Top 10 Vegan Food Trucks
1. GMonkey, Connecticut, the US
2. Gooddo, Udaipur, India
3. Totally Awesome Vegan Food Truck, Portland, Maine, the US
4. Club Mexicana, London, UK
5. Staazi & Co, Adelaide, Australia
6. The Cinnamon Snail, New York City, the US
7. Chez Veg’anne, Strasbourg, France
8. Soulgood, Dallas, Texas, the US
9. Rupert’s Street, London, UK
10. Shimmy Shack, Detroit, Michigan, the US
This article first appeared on Dec 16, 2019 in The Edge Malaysia.