These dark days could use a little shine and sparkle. Thankfully, Tiffany & Co’s celebrated Jewel Box collection will be in Kuala Lumpur for two weeks, after visiting Australia and Singapore. Malaysia is its final stop in the region before it travels back to New York.
A total of 60 high jewellery creations by the pre-eminent American luxury house, valued at a total of US$21 million (RM85.6 million), will be on display at its Pavilion Kuala Lumpur boutique until Dec 20.
Touted as a study in jewellery virtuosity, the Tiffany Jewel Box is a sumptuous showcase of the world’s most unusual and precious gemstones and a celebration of nature’s beauty and mankind’s art. All forms of precious metals and colourful gems have been woven and fashioned into exquisite pieces of modern jewellery by the maison’s artisans. Imagine carat upon carat of flawless diamonds married with 18K yellow gold, or a perfect emerald-cut tanzanite, dangling from a platinum pendant and adorned with round brilliant diamonds.
Although the collection is called the Jewel Box, after viewing, you would agree that these works of art are not meant to be kept in glass cases but to be worn, admired and appreciated. However, don’t just take our word for it; make an appointment to see for yourself. And in case you need some encouragement, here are five stunning reasons:
1. Pendant in platinum with an emerald-cut tanzanite, weighing over 91 carats, and baguette and round brilliant diamonds, over 11 total carats
2. Earrings in platinum and 18K yellow gold with round sapphires, over four total carats, and round modified rose-cut diamonds, over two total carats
3. Cuff in 18K yellow gold and platinum with mixed-cut diamonds, over 15 total carats
4. Ring in 18K yellow gold with a cushion-cut pink spinel, over 15 carats, and square and custom-cut diamonds, over two total carats
5. Necklace in platinum with an emerald-cut emerald, over 10 carats; baguette sapphires, over 21 total carats, and baguette diamonds, over 35 total carats
The Jewel Box collection is available for viewing by appointment only at the Tiffany & Co Pavilion store between Dec 8 and 20.
This article first appeared on Dec 7, 2020 in The Edge Malaysia.